The International Forums

Let your voice be heard.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-27 01:12.07

Flowermanvista
User

The Worst Computer Virus You Ever Had

This is pretty self explanatory. Write about the worst computer virus you ever had. Keep it forum appropriate.

One time, I was watching a video about the Caterpillar DOS virus, and I saw a comment about the difference between viruses back then and viruses now. The comment contained a link to a LIVE malware sample, hosted on MediaFire. (It was called eye.exe.) I was smart enough to not run live malware samples on my host PC without protection, so I ran it in Sandboxie. The trojan deleted itself, and I was confused on what it did. Later, I had grabbed a copy of HitmanPro (a free anti-malware tool that has 5 engines in it) and decided to run a scan with it. It has found the file that eye.exe downloaded, and it was ransomware. I'm thinking that this was before this was before file encrypting ransomware became a big thing, so if I had been a Dum-Dum® and ran it unprotected, I probably been greeted with a screen like this:
gVbVP1r.jpg

Last edited by Flowermanvista (2016-06-27 12:21.09)

Original text:
"This Sparta TFA Remix Contains Obeying"
...35 translations later, Bing gives us:
"Ghost of Sparta message nofong Sharma"

like this forum is so deserted that even if my password was like "12345" or something like that i still wouldn't have to be worried about hackers

#2 2017-07-29 01:58.28

Me
Elite User
Website

Re: The Worst Computer Virus You Ever Had

I don't get computer viruses lol

the only elite user on the forum

#3 2017-07-29 17:28.19

Floofy
User

I'm not sure if I've had a real one before

Floofy, from the TBGs, is here.

#4 2017-07-29 18:59.42

alexphan
User

Honestly the worst computer virus I ever had was adware. It was in my computer for three years and I have not noticed it until several months ago. tongue

I removed it and I guess the computer was slightly faster...?

If something happens to tbgforums.com, this will replace it

I love eating some delicious antiperspir oeujeugyeu deejejuguen deejejugjejejjejjejjejjejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj for breakfast!

Wow there's scrollable signatures say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

#5 2017-07-29 19:02.53

SplatKirby
User
Website

My computer got ahold of a virus called CTBLocker, which is ransomware. At the time, my flash drive was in, so it locked all my flash drive files too. I lost a lot of good writing.

Bonus: after that I couldn't open specific .exe files on that specific account, despite the fact that it wasn't a side effect of CTBLocker.

"There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know."

-Harry Truman

#6 2017-07-29 21:38.45

GeonoTRON2000
International Team
Website

I run Ubuntu so I don't really get viruses but one time back in my Windows days I had an adware trojan that installed itself as a Chrome extension... I also had hundreds/thousands of PUPs that I got from sketchy installers. My windows comp now takes 15-20 minutes to boot up because of them.

gt_github.png cflems_github.png
gists.png gists.png

#7 2017-07-30 17:32.52

SplatKirby
User
Website

flowermanvista wrote:

I'm thinking that this was before this was before file encrypting ransomware became a big thing, so if I had been a Dum-Dum® and ran it unprotected, I probably been greeted with a screen like this:
gVbVP1r.jpg

Obviously ransomware is no joke, but I think it's really funny that the virus authors, attempting to sound like the authentic FBI, demand that you pay money so that you don't face legal consequences.

Last edited by SplatKirby (2017-07-30 17:33.18)

-Harry Truman

#8 2017-07-30 21:10.20

DownsGameClub
User

Never had one...  Except for some malware that kept popping up ANNOYING ADS UGH

Hello!

#9 2017-07-31 02:00.39

GeonoTRON2000
International Team
Website

SplatKirby wrote:

Obviously ransomware is no joke, but I think it's really funny that the virus authors, attempting to sound like the authentic FBI, demand that you pay money so that you don't face legal consequences.

Seems pretty common, have you ever run into those ads that say "update your flashplayer now!" and things like that?

gt_github.png cflems_github.png
gists.png gists.png

#10 2017-07-31 02:36.09

SplatKirby
User
Website

GeonoTRON2000 wrote:
SplatKirby wrote:

Seems pretty common, have you ever run into those ads that say "update your flashplayer now!" and things like that?

I've run into them, but I've been smart enough to avoid interacting with them.

-Harry Truman

Board footer